<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 23, 2005

(Picking up the) Bits and Pieces 


For those of the relevant faith, Merry Christmas! -- for the rest of us, relax and enjoy the time off :)

I'm starting to get my home/work-at-home computer infrastructure back up to scratch following the near-death of my longtime trusty Fujitsu LifeBook C2210 and the increasing flakiness of my Toshiba Satellite M45-S331 talking to my old wireless router. (I do not recommend the Toshiba under any circumstances; more on that in another post, or write me.)

So I obviously have Net connectivity, and it's probably as fast as the monopoly telecom provider here is going to give me, and once it's inside my walls it's solid as a rock. I strongly and enthusiastically (so far) recommend the NETGEAR WGR614 router; decent features for the price, good docs and support (rare these days), and while it may not be the be-all and end-all of SOHO network connections, it does the job. Next step: affording and getting a replacement for the Toshiba...

I'm looking for regular work again. Office politics in small companies is always potentially lethal because there's so few individuals to win a specific prize; strength of ego and connections become key to survival. I've found a small project that will probably pay the rent next month while I go find bigger things. (Anybody who's interested or has any leads, feel free to browse my résumé here or here, and email me here.)

Personal life? Away from the PC? What's that? :-P

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?